Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cover Art for "An Untold Want"

So I think this might be it, the cover art that I'll used for An Untold Want (formerly known as Counting Crows).  I've been playing all weekend, and if this isn't it, then it's close.

Let me know what you think.



Of course, after a few days, I may think, why did I like that.  Just call me finicky and mercurial and just a bit crazy.  I change my mind, a lot.

The crow imagery came from Colleen, my Crowtographer friend.  You can find a lot more of her incredible work (and there's more than crows) at @TheCrowtographer

Note: there is a pale gray 3-pixel border around the image because it's recommended by Amazon. Normally this will show up on a white background (instead of black like my blog background). Anyway, that's why you see a white line around it.


6 comments:

  1. I like it! Eagerly anticipating the day when I can finally buy it!! Just one thought - should the author name be in a slightly smaller font to differentiate more from the title? - Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, those fonts are different sizes. The title is 3.75 inch while the name is 2.75 inch. But I get what you're saying. I just hate to make my name really really small. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, it's a wonderful cover. I like how the font is like Couillon. And very cool S's! Maybe separate the name and title more to differentiate. Crowtographer has really interesting stuff! I heard crows are very smart; have you heard that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeannie... I love the fonts too.

    I've done quite a study of crows since starting this book, and yes they are very smart. They figure out how to use tools, like dropping walnuts in front of cars, so that the cars will run over the walnut and crack it open for the crow. Recent studies have proven that they can even distinguish (and recognize) human faces. So do piss any of them off, or they may come and perch on your car. :-)

    I should write a blog post about them. It never even crossed my mind until now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't ... don't piss any of them off. sorry. being tired and being old has their disadvantages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, it could be interesting to have a crow pissed off at me and perching on my car :) And yes, blog about crows! I'd love to hear more. All I know is the crow on you tube who slid down an icy gutter for the fun of it!
    I like the new covers and coffee rings. Curious to hear what others say now!

    ReplyDelete