Monday, July 16, 2012

New Business

Tonight, for the first time ever, I started my own business.  And the name is ta-da.... Nellie Writes

I didn't want to select a boring company name, like Nellie Williamson Inc. (or whatever the letters are associated with a single owner business), but I wanted my name in it.  I also didn't want to over think it.  So I went with simplicity and called it what it is.

It's pretty amazing that there are 199 business in Washington State with Nellie in the name.  I didn't realize my name was so prevalent.  I'm always the only Nellie at the company I work for and in my group of friends.  So who knew?  My favorite in the list was Nellie Dog House, not Nellie's Dog House, but Nellie Dog House.  I'm still not sure which word is the modifying adjective.

I have to say that the Washington State on-line Business Licensing Service was easy to use.  Granted I  created the simplest type of business possible -- Sole Proprietorship -- but still it was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be. It took me a half an hour and only costs $20.

1 comment:

  1. Nellie Writes - I like it!! See, good things can come along without hours or days of agonizing over the decision. Congratulations on your new bid'ness.

    Cheers!! - Ken

    PS - I am trying to publish this using Firefox on your blog site. I select anonymous profile, then Preview, type in the validation characters and hit Publish. So if this comment does not show up - like others - I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete