Monday, July 30, 2012

Blog Suffers - Part 2

So I feel like I'm running nine thousand miles a minute.  I have to add the finishing touches to Couillon, my short story, and get it out on Kindle/Nook/Smashwords, and I need to package up my novel -- not just two different ways, but now three.

Remember those email queries I sent out in January, well today I got a bite from one of the agents.  She said she was intrigued and would like to see three chapters if I wasn't already represented.  I think it's lovely that she thinks I may have already found an agent.  And of course, I'm going to send her three chapters. 

On top of all that I also plan on submitting both the short story and novel to the US Copyright office so that I can copyright my "words".  That doesn't mean a publishing company won't get copyright rights as well, but right now, this protects me. 

And I need to decide on a virtual cover for the short story.

AND I need to go to work, real work, every day to pay the bills until I strike it rich as an author.  Don't worry.  I'm not quitting my day job any time soon.

With all that said, the blog is probably gonna be left fallow for a week or so more until I get all this stuff done.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to hear that an agent is "intrigued" and wants to read more. Congrats!! Hope good things come from this. - Ken

    ReplyDelete